[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanning software

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 12:10:13 -0600

TextCloner was absolutely atrocious when I tried it.  not worth the few
dollars it costs.
I second the suggestion to source a copy of the latest Fine Reader
professional or Scansoft if Kurzweil/Openbook are not viable options.

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
IBM Research,
Phone:  (512) 838-9735
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

"Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
12/13/2004 05:49 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanning software

It wasn't very good in the past, but maybe it works better now.  If you
wouldn't mind off the shelf software I have heard that Abby Fine Reader is
usable with a screen reader and it gets great scans.  That is what is used
by bookshare inhouse volunteers and other people on this list, so you can
get help from them if necessary.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity/