[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanning recipes

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 15:22:25 -0400

Laura Ann, I would use the "optimize scan" feature, choose the settings it recomments and go with the engine which is listed as slower but more accurate. I believe that is Scansoft.

E.
At 02:37 PM 8/14/2006, you wrote:

Hi Laura Ann,
I've heard that the ScanSoft engine has done some special work on recognizing numbers. Recipes are notoriously difficult to scan though.
Kellie