[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanning questions

  • From: "Tim Cox" <tocox1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 20:27:06 -0400

Hi Monica,

Thanks for the lead, I am researching FineReader and am weighing it against Text Cloner Pro. Tim ----- Original Message ----- From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 4:36 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: scanning questions

Tim, I've been giving some thought to your situation. I don't know anything about the TextCloner software you asked about. I do know that several of our
volunteers use FineReader. You might be able to get FineReader 7 or 8 at a
lower price since version 9 is the current version. It's more affordable
than Kurzweil or OpenBook, and FineReader is the primary engine Kurzweil and
Openbook use for scanning. I know the technology for blind users is
expensive, and I wish I could offer you a better solution. I hope you'll
find a good deal on a scanner and software so you can get back into scanning
again.

Monica Willyard