[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanning questions

  • From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 16:36:29 -0400

Tim, I've been giving some thought to your situation. I don't know anything
about the TextCloner software you asked about. I do know that several of our
volunteers use FineReader. You might be able to get FineReader 7 or 8 at a
lower price since version 9 is the current version. It's more affordable
than Kurzweil or OpenBook, and FineReader is the primary engine Kurzweil and
Openbook use for scanning. I know the technology for blind users is
expensive, and I wish I could offer you a better solution. I hope you'll
find a good deal on a scanner and software so you can get back into scanning
again.

Monica Willyard