[bksvol-discuss] scanning poetry with Kurzweil

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <kellhart@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 22:34:20 -0500

Hi all,
I'm scanning Volume C of the Norton anthology of American Literature. It
contains a lot of poetry, and since I haven't done much poetry scanning I'd
like some tips and advice. I would like to make sure the poetry scans with
the original line endings kept. I know there is a setting for this in the
reading settings, but does this setting affect how the file will be saved,
or only how Kurzweil interprets it? Also, I want the original line endings
to be kept for the poetry, but not for the rest of the book, a great deal of
which is prose. Would I have to scan the poetry and non-poetry into two
separate files so that each section could have the line endings correct, and
then combine them in Word or something?
Any ideas would be appreciated--I want this scan to be good enough that
students can use the book in their classes.
Kellie