[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanning on rainy days

  • From: Shayla Parker <shayla@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 22:58:27 -0400

Hate to say it, but that makes no sense whatsoever. The amount of humidity will do nothing to the accuracy of your scanner's imaging capability, let alone the OCR. I suppose if you really want to stretch a point you could say that dampness wharps the actual page of the book, but, I mean, we're talking a swamp here. I do declare a scanning urban legend.

At 08:04 PM 4/29/2005, you wrote:

Maybe if we like to scan books on rainy days, we ought to read them
instead? I have a friend who swears that if you scan a book when it's
rainy out, you will get more errors. She said she has tested this
several times, and that it has something to do with the electrical
charge. That was a new one on me, but I'll have to put it to the test
sometime.

Pam

Gently they go, the beautiful, the tender, the kind; Quietly they go, the intelligent, the witty, the brave. I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.

-- 'Dirge Without Music', Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ring the bells that still can ring,
forget your perfect offering,
there is a crack in everything,
that's how the light gets in.