[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanning help:

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 14:32:31 -0800 (PST)

Hi, Kenny!

I am not usually good at explanations, so someone will jump in if I muddy the
waters.  Protecting chapter heaadiiingss iss only where the chapter is first
announceed, before its text.  Protecting it and making it Daaisy navigable
means
the first page of a chapter will be like this:

page break
blank line
page number
blank line
Chapter name (bolded and in 16 pt.)
blank line
chapter text in 12pt. regular print

As far as stripping headers, it is just "messy" work, removing everything
except
the page number from the top of any pages, whether it be the book name, chapter
name, or author.

Hope this helps!
 Valerie