[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanning help

  • From: "Gary Petraccaro" <garyp130@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 22:25:55 -0500

Sounds ok except for dynamic.  Did optimize pick that?  Try static or
grayscale.  If static, run optimize.  If you get a really bad page, run it
again.  Your other option would be to use grayscale.  If you do that, do not
keep images in the file.  Also, remember that just because you don't have
margins enabled, that doesn't mean you won't have margin problems with the
book.  A really tight margin will still give you problems with scanners, even
the Opticbook, though the Opticbook will make it as easy on you as possible.
Unless the book has columns, you could turn columns off and go with single
page.  Lastly, try and keep suspicious regions in the recognition area of the
settings options.
Do not be surprised to have some pages recognize better than others.
Hope this helps.
Good Luck.