[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanning black text on a red background

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:35:35 -0800 (PST)

Yes, Bud, red backgrounds and, if I remember
correctly, yellow is also non-scannable. I worked on a
children's book and the pages that had text on those
backgrounds would not scan. I had to type in the words
on those pages which fortunately, since it was a
children's book, weren't too many.

I almost always have to type in the words on front and
back covers of books, either because of the color
combinations or because the letters are too big. The
front and back flaps, however, are usually  text on
white and don't cause a problem -- not that those are
necessary, I gather.

Cindy

http://mail.yahoo.com