[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanning a book with numbered footnotes and asterisks page footnotes

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <grandcyn77@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 00:10:53 -0800

Yay. Thank,s Madeline--- If they're superscript in the print book , and I
suspect they are because Rik said they won't scan well I'll-keep them
superscript.If not I'll do it the other way way --i.e., text, space,
footnote number, space, text. I don't remember the asterisk part which I
also read in yhe notes I saved. Where .here does teh asterisk go? is it
text space asterksk footnote number, or text space footnote number
asterisk space text. You'd think I'd remember after proofing so many of
Larry's volumes that had numerous footnote numbers
If Judy doesn't want to do it the only other sighted proofrer I know of
i.e., Marilyn, (there may be others I''m not familiar with) probably
won't want to do it either but I will. I'll see if I can get it from a
library -- otherwise I'll ask you to mail it to me ( we'll discuss that off
list later). I'll check and get back to uyou. but be warned that I have 4
books I have to do first so it will take awhile.
Cindy

On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 2:37 PM, Madeleine Linares <Madeleinel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi Cindy

We expect scanners to do a good enough job with their scans that
proofreaders don’t need the physical copy of the book unless they have a
pre-arranged agreement with me and will send the book to the proofreader.

Footnotes and endnotes should be kept as they are in the book. If they’re
superscripted in the book, they should be kept this way. If they aren’t,
they should not be changed to superscript.

Best,

Madeleine