[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanner's note:

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 22:35:23 -0700

Hi, Jamie, when I proofread those books by Hilda Lewis, I'd get to your
notes, then remove them from the text. If somebody had a copy of the
same book (In these cases they did), I'd check their book against your
file and if the error wasn't in their book, I would not leave the error
in. If it was in the file, I'd growl and leave it in. In my last
project, I made a note to the reader informing them the word was a
typographical error and what it should have been. When I checked the
books in for approval, I'd comment about the text and mention that any
errors in the text were due to typographical errors and not the fault of
the submitter or proofreader. Regards, Kim Friedman. P.S.: Making
comments certainly gave me the opportunity of putting my two cents in.
K.