[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanners' feelings

  • From: "Silvara" <silvara@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 15:15:13 -0500

Any validator can replace a book. When I validate replacement books I am very
careful with checking whether it is a truly improved copy. I don't take the
submitter's word that it is. I check for myself. I had a couple of instants
that books were submitted as improved copies, but when I checked with K1000,
they were significantly worse copies. So I rejected them.  Others have been
somewhat similar but I cleaned them up some, so they were better. And still
others were the same and so I rejected them.

Tiffany, as Julie said you can always resubmit your books or email bookshare
about it. Because we should be improving the collection., not down grading it.
Grace