[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanner recommendations?

  • From: "Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 02:31:09 -0500

Generally, the all-in-one ocmbos are not good scanners when it comes to the
job that we do for bookshare.  Typically, the all-in-ones are absolutely
horrible when it comes to OCR and are not reliable for that purpose.  I
would highly recommend a dedicated scanner for that purpose.

The epson 3170 is not made any more and I find that the speed of the new
epsons is not comprable to the 1660, 1650, 3170 etc.  The best was 1660.
Both 1650 and 3170 came close.

Pratik