[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanner recommendations?

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 14:12:03 -0800 (PST)

This one is an Epson Perfection 3490 photo. It's o.k.,
but the book has to be put on the flatbed upside down
for the page to come out rightside up. The other one
is, I think, the 1660 Perfection photo. With both,
though, because I updated my computer, I guess, I have
the ABBY Fine Reader--but it doesn't have all the
features that Dan's has. That's why I have to scan one
page at a time and then convert--or at least I haven't
figured out ow to do more, and I get a message saying
that I have a limited Fine Reader and to upgrade would
cost.

The scanning and converting is very fast--I haven't
timed it, but it seems to be just a few seconds to
scan and a few more to convert and save each page.
Before, when I could scan up to 12 pages and convert
them all into one document, it took a lot longer--the
scanning took longer and the converting, since it was
more than one page.

When I looked at the epson site, I didn't see any of
the models. I think the key, though, isn't the scanner
itself but the program or whatever it's called that it
comes with.

Good luck. Mabe your HP scanner will be fine.

Cindy