[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanner

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 13:21:06 -0400

Hi Guido,

For some reason, when I read contrast, I was thinking resolution. I could live with the 25 second scan per page as my Epson comes in at about 45 seconds, but no contrast adjustment and forget it. I think this was clearly a case of hearing what I expected, or wanted to hear when I read through it the first time.

Dave

At 12:13 PM 5/26/2004, you wrote:

Oops, there are two big RED/RED/RED flags in the blurb you posted on the Visioneer 9000 scanner:

1. This is likely a slow scanner at 25 seconds per page.

2. Even worse, Openbook is not able to set brightness for this scanner. This means that if the scan/reco results are poor, there is almost no way for you to improve them.

I would suggest you look at a different device! EPSON 2400 at $99 refurb ain't a bad deal!

Guido