[bksvol-discuss] Re: "scan" from within computer?

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 21:36:26 -0500

You need to OCR it. Open Book or Kurzweil should be able to do it.

On 1/9/2012 6:10 PM, Charisma wrote:
I have a question.

Say I have a picture of text on my computer--that is, an image of a
book page rather than an editable text scan--can I use any software to
read that and make it into editable text?

I am not sure if I said that clearly.

Example:  I scanned a book into my computer as photographs of the
pages. Is there any application I can use to "read" that photograph
and convert it into text?