[bksvol-discuss] Re: santa cruise

  • From: "Scott Blanks" <scottsjb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 13:24:55 -0800

Hey Jake and list,

Though the ISBN numbers can certainly facilitate verification of book info, I
was under the impression that they weren't a required part of the submission.
Is it a great hindrance to leave those numbers out when submitting? I've teamed
up with a couple different folks who validate my submissions and I believe I've
only left the ISBN out a couple times, but it doesn't seem to have caused any
delays.

In a somewhat related topic, it appears as if many books already have their 13
digit number. When I browse Amazon, I find both 10 and 13 digit ISBN's under
the "product details" section for many books which were released before 2007.

Scott