[bksvol-discuss] Re: running headers (was: Re: Re: Question, was: submitted The Little Bookheaders)

  • From: "Jill O'Connell" <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 15:10:38 -0700

Because I am a braille reader and because I read the book in its entirety when
scanning and usually do so when proofing, I remove headers by hand as I go. As
I have a braille display, this is very easy to do and I don't trust the
stripper on this at all. They are a real nuisance when left in and particularly
so when garbled as is often the case.
            From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Book
            To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
            Date: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 3:13 PM

            Dear Bud;

            I just noticed that you also are a ham radio operator. I am also in
my call
            sign is: N0HSJ
that was
            talking about all headers have been deleted. Do you mean at the top
of the
            page were sometimes it has the title and/or the name of the
chapter? I have
            not been deleting these, as I think they provide visual cues for
sighted
            readers, but if I should be deleting them, I will start with my
next book.
            Or, is it okay to do it whichever way and just make a note in the
            submissions?

            Thanks as always for everyone's help!

            Valerie

            Please pray for Doug's Dad & visit his website:

            http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/billkoonce

list of available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.

06:03:00