[bksvol-discuss] Re: rtf files can be edited in many programs

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 05:18:21 -0600

If someone can submit .kes, .ark, or .doc files then they can submit .rtf files as well. (The only possible exception I can think of is someone using Kurzweil 3000 instead of Kurzweil 1000; I'm not sure what the conversion options are in that program.)

The choices get a little dicier if you don't have ms word to validate .rtf books. Everything seems to be okay in k1000 and openbook, with the exception of such things as section breaks. I'm sure there are other quirks, but it's too early in the morning to think creatively.

There are other editorss that purport to edit .rtf files (TextPal, wordpad and EdSharp, come to mind immediately). But these all take some shortcuts, such as converting the files to .txt format, thus erasing all the formatting we've all come to love. <smile>.

Just some thoughts.

Bob