[bksvol-discuss] rtf, Word, Kes? problem? HELP

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 22:31:17 -0800 (PST)

I'm having a problem with my downloads lately and
maybe it's related to your question and to KES.

The title says its an rtf file, but when i go to
download the book I'm told it's html. When I open it,
it opens in text edit, and paragraph breaks and page
breaks are evident. When I Save As rtf and then open
it it still opens in Text Edit. When I save in Word,
all the line breaks and paragraph breaks disappear.
And when I save the Word document in rtf they've still
disappeared.

The last couple of validations I uploaded I thought
maybe the submitter had accidently deleted the breaks
globally, but now I don't think that's it at all (SOrr
Maithe). Is it possible that converting from KES to
rtf changes things, in which case, Bud, yes, give your
rtf file a look-see and see what it's like.

The only thing I can think of to do at this point is
to valdidate the rtf file and put in all the sentence
and paragraphs breaks, which I've done for the last
two uploads (perhaps someone can download The Princess
Diaries and Perfect Princess and see if they're o.k.)

I'm afraid that if I validate the Word file and then
save in rtf to upload all the breaks will disappear
and the book will be useless.

I thought maybe it was because I used IE to download
and so I released everything and redownloaded in
foirefox, but I'm having the same problem. This never
was a problem before--not until a few days ago.

G.Cindy

--- Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I was just wondering if there is any disadvantage or
> advantage in
> checking through a scanned book before I send it in
> for
> validating?  Does anything change when it is
> converted from .kes to rtf?
> Thanks
>

> Bud Schwab
> W 6 Z Y P