[bksvol-discuss] revisiting Hold For

  • From: "solsticesinger" <solsticesinger25@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 17:42:49 -0600

Hi, all.

I feel like a broken record, because I'm about to revisit a topic we've
talked into the ground, and then some.

There were four books with "hold for Shannon Dyer" on step one. Suddenly,
there was only one. So, I went searching for the missing three, and where
did I find them? In the admin queue, one of them with the "hold for" still
in the title.

Before checking the books in processing page, I contacted Nat Barrett, the
submitter, to see if, for some reason, she might have taken them back. She
said that she hadn't, and expressed displeasure that someone would blatantly
ignore a hold for.

I really do not understand the need certain validators have to take books
that are specifically held for another person. I don't take books with other
people's names on them, so, why do people take books that are being held for
me? There are plenty of validation choices out there, without taking what is
being held for someone else.

Does anyone hear me, or, am I preaching to the choir? Lol.

Shannon
We are wise, not because we are women, but because we seek wisdom.