[bksvol-discuss] Re: resigning from the volunteer list

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 23:36:11 EDT

Interestingly enough E wrote me privately. I am not sure why since I did
not think I had any close relationship with her on the list. Because it was
private I will not say here what she said, but I did reply to her and
suggested that she reconsider too.

"The end may justify the means as long as there is something that justifies
the end.
" Leon Trotsky

http://www.pathfinderpress.com
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: resigning from the volunteer list
Date:
9/9/2009 2:37:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
rixmix2009@xxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

I wrote to E. privately also, and just hoped she would come back. I tend to
do a lot of bulk deleting, and really only check the messages on the days
or
weeks when I am in full Bookshare throttle. And days when I am too busy
with other stuff, I just have to save time and clear out my Inbox.

So suffice to say, I have no clue about E.s posts or whatever. But knowing
over the years all she has done to help, I feel like we all have just
experienced
a loss in our community. I cannot say any right or wrong.  Maybe just all
can have a cool off period and she will come back. She has been so much a
part
of our shared work at Bookshare.    And we do owe her a debt of gratitude,
whatever our future looks like.

I hope in sum we may all have tolerance.

If I ever say something on this list that any on the list finds a problem
with, I hope they will feel that they may communicate with me directly.

I have had over the years with email come to realize sometimes a quick
pounce on the keyboard may leap right back up on me. And then, after the fact,
not
much to be done. It seemed E. was not exactly sure of her offense. But
maybe I read that incorrectly. .

That's my two cents.

Put another nickel in the juke box.

That said, I hope you all have a good day and keep up your good works and
have a smile on your horizon today, too.

I think Bookshare is an amazing thing. And our diverse community of
volunteers, also a thing I treasure.

I may just have a problem I need to solve soon. So be ready! [chuckle]

Thanks

Rik James

From: E. <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] resigning from the volunteer list
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, September 8, 2009, 4:54 PM

I have been a member of this list pretty much continuously since 2003.

Pavi just sent me a note saying she had received feedback regarding
messages I have recently sent to the list which some other volunteers have
judged
be inappropriate.

This is kind of personal I know. What is appropriate for one person may not
be for another.
Rather than unintentionally offending anybody, I am resigning from the
volunteer list.
Elizabeth
who often signs myself as E.

block quote end