[bksvol-discuss] Re: resigning from the volunteer list

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 14:56:33 EDT

If E wants to resign from the list, and her announcement indicated that it
was her choice, it is her right to do so, but I am not pleased to see her go
either. She is a bit blunt, or as you put it, brusque, but if one takes her
words literally without reading anything into  them she shows no signs of
hostility or intention to offend. I have noticed that on various email lists
there is a strong tendency to read things into posts that are not said.
Literal mindedness can be a virtue and it is not necessary to be thin skinned.

"The end may justify the means as long as there is something that justifies
the end.
" Leon Trotsky

http://www.pathfinderpress.com
                 _

table with 2 columns and 7 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: resigning from the volunteer list
Date:
9/9/2009 1:40:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
popularplace@xxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC:
pavim@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

I don't think E should resign from the  lists. I read almost all the posts
and have been for years; generally the only ones I skip are the ones that
deal
with technology about which I have no expertise.

E's posts are sometimes a bit brusque--it's her way of writing, but she has
learned to soften them and I see that she tries. Never has there been
inappropriate
language, i.e., swearing or name-calling , and those, to me, from what I
have seen on other email lists or chat rooms,  are the only things that I
would
call inappropriate in posts. If someone doesn't like the tone of her posts,
when they see  in the From space that  the post is from her, they can just
delete before reading it.

Wish List (i.e., books wanted added to the collection) and
books-being-scanned list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: