[bksvol-discuss] Re: requests

  • From: tina sohl <tinabir@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 19:37:29 -0400

Oh wow. Thanks for letting me know.
Original message:

Hi, Tina!

Judy or someone else can reply if my information is not current. It is my understanding that any personal requests that are not educationally related are very unlikely to be processed; the wish list is better suited to that. Additionally, when Bookshare processes books with their high-speed scanner, the books are destroyed because they remove the spines and sheet feed the pages.

HTH!

Valerie

On Apr 12, 2017, at 4:25 PM, tina sohl <tinabir@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:tinabir@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

I just sent in my first book request. I mentioned on line about scanning and they said I guess you can also request books, I am just wondering if anyone of you have done that and how it typically took to see the book in the collection? Also, does this mean bookshare still has the high speed scanners in house/ ? I asked a few years ago now, about being able to send in print books to be scanned and was told that was no longer an option, something about there not being enough space for them,. so, how do the requests work? If bookshare scans the books, do they then just pass on the print books once they're no longer needed?
To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to
bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to
bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get a list of
available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.