[bksvol-discuss] requesting books

  • From: aidee <aidee.campa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 20:22:39 -0700

Hello, my name is Aidee and I'm a new volunteer. I signed up to do proofreading, but I'm not currently in the position to take on any books. However, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in scanning and proofing any of these books: Reality Bites Back: The Troubling Truth About Guilty Pleasure TV By Jennifer L. Pozner Enlightened Sexism: The Seductive Message that Feminism's Work Is Done By Susan J. Douglas Where the Girls Are: Growing Up Female with the Mass Media By Susan J. Douglas Sisterhood, Interrupted: From Radical Women to Grrls Gone Wild By Deborah Siegel DEADLY PERSUASION: Why Women And Girls Must Fight The Addictive Power Of Advertising By Jean Kilbourne Can't Buy My Love: How Advertising Changes the Way We Think and Feel By Jean Kilbourne

Archangel's Blade by Nalini Singh
The Language of Clothes by Alison Lurie (ISBN: 0805062440)
A Woman Doctor's Guide to Skin Care by Wilma F. Bergfeld, M.D., and Shelagh A. R. Maseline (Hyperion) ISBN: 0786881003

These books should also be on the wishlist--I can't find the ISBNS for the first seven. The first six have been on the wishlist since August or so, so I would really, really appreciate it if someone would take on a couple of those. The other three are mostly just for entertainment, although Bookshare does have all of Ms. Singh's other novels in the collection.

Thank you so much for all the hard work you do.

Regards,
Aidee