[bksvol-discuss] Re: request of submitters

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 19:41:51 -0400

Hi all,

What bothers me about all this is that these two proofers are disting the
volunteer community and more importantly, they're disting the larger community
of Bookshare readers.  This is not fair, and I believe that Pavi has the
responsibility to let these people know that one, they are observing the letter
of the law, but not the spirit of it.  And two, they are accumulating a great
deal of resentment against themselves by behaving in this way.

I, personally, feel resentful because I'm working on a book that requires a
great deal of TLC right now.  All the headers have to be stripped, and there's
a whole slew of blank pages with no numbers on them that do not need to be in
the book.  All the regularly numbered pages are fine, and the chapter headings
are fine, but these stupid blank pages without headers or numbers need to be
removed.  I'm doing this, slowly but surely.  I'm finding that Kurzie is doing
an excellent job on this book, and I can edit more easily, but it is taking
time and it is taking effort!  I'm not complaining because I don't want to do
it, I'm complaining that since I'm doing this one book and it's daking me a
month or more, these two yahoos are racking up credits on a daily basis,
credits they haven't earned.

Note:  If any submitter wants a proofer for mysteries or science Fiction or
fantasy if it isn't vampires, I'll proof.  I also like kids books.

Actually, this book I'm doing right now is quite interesting.  It's about why
and how women staked claims for homesteads in North Dacota.  It's a social
study, and is really quite readable.

Ann P.

--
AAnn K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."  JRRT