[bksvol-discuss] Re: request of submitters

  • From: Jamie Yates <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 19:32:25 -0400

Off list responsible proof readers are already being deprived, because one
person is taking all of the books that I submit and just checking them back
in anyway. So either way, they're being deprived. At least this way, on list
proof readers won't be deprived and even better, subscribers won't be faced
wtih a book that has problems in it. As a sighted person, I can look at the
book on my screen and still not see errors like a 1 for I and even sometimes
urn instead of um, because visually, they look almost identical on my
screen. A person reading in Braille or listening in audio is going to catch
that right away which is the whole reason a book needs to be proof read by a
person who is not the scanner to begin with.

--
Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading: Witnesses of War by Nicholas Stargardt