[bksvol-discuss] request

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 09:06:56 -0700

Hi, all, When I start proofreading a Bookshare file, I plan to do so using
my BrailleNote mPower 32. If there are any experienced proofreaders among
you who habitually use the BrailleNote for proofreading purposes and you
happen to have the time, I would definitely need help because I wish to do a
good job of proofreading for Bookshare. The one thing I'm sure of is that I
should open the book and read it when the BrailleNote is in word processor
mode (smile). I know very well that I can't correct any file if I've set the
BrailleNote in Book Reader mode. If anyone is interested in corresponding
with me, you can email me by using my email address, i.e.,
kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxxx I always download files from Bookshare as brf files
because I prefer to read them as if I were reading Braille. I've been
reading Braille for an awfully long time, but I can't say I'm acquainted
with the recent changes that BANA has made of Grade 2 Braille. Would it be
advisable when proofreading files if I download them in Daisy format or is
it okay to deal with the files as Braille files, since that's how I read
them. I realize I don't know how printed books are supposed to look. I do
have opinions about how I want Braille to look. Do get in touch with me.
Thanks in advance for your help. I'll look forward to meeting you and
corresponding with you. Regards, Kim aka Ellinder.