[bksvol-discuss] Re: repairman jack and reissues

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 11:39:50 EST

I can't speak for what Bookshare policy is. I can only speak for what I
hope Bookshare policy should be. My hope is that different editions of the same
book are treated as different books. There may be a lot of repitition from
edition to edition, but if there were no significant changes there would be
no need to have different editions. It would only be necessary to reprint
the old edition.

                          "I have no country to fight for; my country is
the earth, and I am a citizen of the world." Eugene V. Debs

http://www.pathfinderpress.com
Granma International: http://www.granma.cu/ingles/index.html
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] repairman jack and reissues
Date:
11/15/2009 9:48:16 AM Eastern Standard Time
From:
captinlogic@xxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

I actually proof in html, that way I see tags for italics. I make notes of
where the page breaks are and then convert the html to rtf preserving the
page breaks with find/replace. Using tags is far easier than word's
convoluted format menus. And no, I didn't scan The Tomb; I do have a copy
of
a tif though. But it's the old version, not the one you were working on.
Wilson is going to be reissuing the rest of the Adversary cycle this year
and next--The touch, Reborn and Reprisal--and finishing up the Repairman
Jack series with Nightworld in I think 2011. I read the whole series this
year to date, including ground zero. I'll get them submitted to bookshare
probably by February. Maybe. In any case, they'll get in eventually.
This brings up an interesting point. When books get reissued, do we replace

the copies in bookshare with the new issues, or do we keep both issues?
Nightworld, for instance, was originally published in  I think 1993. Wilson

will reissue it in a couple of years, updating it to keep it in time with
the Repairman Jack series. Do we replace the one I'll submit with the new
one when it comes out? Interesting thought.