[bksvol-discuss] Re: renewing books you're validating

  • From: "Cheryl Fogle" <cfogle@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 21:54:40 -0600

Tracy, I agree that some books are technical enough to justify a longer validation time even if the scan was good. I recently took 8 or 10 weeks for "evolutionary analyses". The scan was excellent, but the scientific terminology was somewhat daunting though I was interested enough to read it as it filled in some knowledge gaps in my biology and biological anthropology courses. There were many of those end-of-line hyphens that had to be removed. Besides, I found that it was an intense read which was tiring after a chapter so you can imagine that I didn't read the entire book in one sitting even if I could have done so with my work and school schedule.

Cheryl Fogle MA Ph.D. candidate in Anthropology, University of New Mexico

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tracy Carcione" <carcione@xxxxxxxxx>