[bksvol-discuss] Re: renewing books again and again

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 00:52:51 -0700 (PDT)

Gary,

That would be great!  What we'd have to do is --I
release them and you download them. Then you could
reject them and rescan and submit them. Then someone
else could validate them.

The ones I have are ones for which my library has
copies.  Two, and I'll note them, are Large Print, but
that doesn't matter if you're going to rescan the
books.  Also, when I take a Fair book to fix, if I
can't find the exact copy I change the copyright info
and, sometimes, the pagination to fit the book from
which I'm working.

Here is the list of books:

1. Cultured Handmaiden, by Catherine Cookson. This
book was scanned by someone other than the person we
don't mention (I don't remember her name anyway) and
is rated Good rather than Fair, but the one I rejected
was by the same author and scanner. I wasn't
interested enough in the plot, and that one had so
much dialect, as well as errors, tht I rejected it. I
looked at this one quickly and it doesn't seem to have
as much dialect and seemed more interesting.

2. Forever After, by Catherine Anderson. This is the
LP edition, but if you find a different  edition
that's fine.

3. The Irresistible Mr. Sinclair, by Joan Elliott
Pickart

4. Parlor Games, by Mavis Cheek (also the LP edition)

5. The Passions of Chelsea Kane, by Barbara Delinsky

6. Unfinished Tapestry, by Susan Leslie

and finally, 7. Astra, by  Grace Livingston Hill. I
started this but I haven't done that much with it. I
don't have the book--my library seems to have lost
it--and so I've asterisked the words I want to check
when and if I do get the book.

Right now I'm working on one book and have 3 waiting
in the wings that need my eyes, so if you want to
doany of these, you're welcome to it. And I suspect
that if you submit a good scan someone will validate
them. It's the terrible shape that these txt books
were in that caused people to keep releasing them.

The books will automatically release on Sunday if I
don't renew them.

I didn't get your email until 12:45 a.m. PDT, so I
don't know if it arrived late--I did check earlier
this evening and you've already been to the store or
if you're going this morning, Saturday. I can let the
books lapse or I can release them when you'e ready.

Cindy

P.S. I don't scan books any more, only missing pages
or chaptesr (though once half the book, and it was a
big one, was missing), but when I did it took several
days, depending on the size of the book. I have to do
a page at a time and convert 8 to 12 pages at a time,
so it's easier and less boring for me to validate,
even making a lot of corrections, than to scan and
pre-validate.

http://mail.yahoo.com