[bksvol-discuss] Re: rename bookshare books?

  • From: Denise Thompson <deniset@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 09:52:44 -0700

I always rename the zip file before I download it. At least I change it. I talke my name off and remove the underlines. Otherwise it's too long and it drives me nots to listen to it. Maybe that's not really considered renaming because the actual title is the same.

 At 12:54 AM 7/17/2011, you wrote:
HI Charisma,

If you were to rename a book downloaded from Bookshare, unless you're using
the brf version of a book,  you'll have to rename a bunch of files.  If you
are unzipping the bunch of daisy files into a folder, it doesn't matter at
all what you call that folder.  I've never tried renaming the zip file as
you only use it once to extract the bunch of daisy files from.

So, which files do you want to rename?  For what purpose?  And if you're
using the daisy book, you can, as I said, call the folder into which you
unzip them anything you like.  I don't know how that would work on the
stream though.  But wait, that should work fine.  I have called the folder
that I put on the BookSense something different from the name of the book
and it's fine.

Hope that helps a little.

Mayrie