[bksvol-discuss] Re: reminder about re-submits of books

  • From: Jamie Yates <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 06:13:18 -0800 (PST)

I think the problem we identified is that she is
reading in the book reader part of the notetaker. If
she put the book in the word processing program she
could edit it, but she says that most books are too
large to load in her word processing program. I sent
her an rtf file to test and she could not open the rtf
file in her notetaker. She can open brf files from
bookshare and she can open plain text files. I sent
her a doc file (Word 2003 format) and she could not
open that either.

I guess I don't know what word processing program
comes on the Braille Note/Notetaker and I don't know
enough about it to help her from 5 hours away. When I
know things I can sometimes tell her dad and he can
try but he really has his hands full right now with
other things.

I do appreciate any and all tips, hints and info. I
know E once mentioned that it is possible to turn off
punctuation but we haven't figured that out either.
She has a lot of other pressing problems right now but
books are a way to relax and enjoy so they are
important.

Jamie in Michigan