[bksvol-discuss] Re: reminder about re-submits of books

  • From: Robin Mandell <robinmandell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 00:11:06 -0500

Well, that's true enough, but this is always what I do, and since I generally don't download bookshare books with the idea that I'm going to be resubmitting them, it's worked just fine for me. And when I've decided that the book needed to be resubmitted, I've had to go through it with such a fine-toothed comb that it hasn't been a problem. Most of the translation problems going from .brf to .rtf hh have been caused by a initial scanning problem, such as a space between a word and the apostrophe s which makes it possessive.

At 12:05 AM 07/01/2007, you wrote:
If you start with the html file and then save to rtf won't you avoid those translation issues? I mean, is it possibly a good idea to avoid as much translating as possible since bookshare is going to do translating of its own to create the brf version from the submitted rtf version?

E.
At 12:00 AM 1/7/2007, you wrote:
One can also open a the braille formatted file in Kurzweil and save to .rtf. There are occasional translation problems...but if the book is being read through and corrected, these problems will easily be located and corrected.

At 11:35 PM 06/01/2007, you wrote:
Actually you can open the html file in k1000 also and save as rtf. Perhaps it is possible to use other aplications to do this but I am not sure. I know you cannot open it in wordpad though.

E.
At 04:54 PM 1/6/2007, you wrote:
E; How do you find the RTF format? All I have seen as choices is braille or
Daisy. Thank you.