[bksvol-discuss] Re: remark on Cindy's commentRE: OT: reading as an excapewas Cherry Ames

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 11:52:32 -0700 (PDT)

There is an author whose stories are about the working class in England in that
period of time. She's popular. I started to profread one f her books a couple
of years. One problem for m is the dialect, and the other, the grimness of the
stories. I don't like most Dickens' novels for th latter reason.. smile) I
can't remember who the quthor was, but someone here might. I know some of her
books are in the collection.

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List:

Date: Tuesday,
        August 18, 2009, 5:08 AM

        It is and like others when you have family
        members  chronically ill as our family does,
for me it helps me
        cope.
I remember once when I was in Topeka Kansas,
and I decided I
        wanted to read Black Beauty, the lady asked me how old I was, and I
told
        her,
and she said,
"don't you think you are a little old to be
        reading Black Beauty?"
plus for me, I know I'm extremely picky,
        don't need all the  violence and um lets say language to enjoy a
        story,
and yes I am a tame reader, but for me, the books I read have
        excitement,
I guess some would say I'm living in the past, and I
        don't mean to be exactly, but I do too,
There used to be so many neat
        old shows on that were just good to me, and the same with books,
        wish bookshare had you know the guy who created the Walton's Earl
Hamner
        book,
after watching the Walton's I'd love to read his life
        story.
going back is another way of  escape just for a bit from
        a world going to fast, having to much troubles and on and
        on.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Valerie Maples" <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>