[bksvol-discuss] Re: relying in kes' ranked spelling

  • From: Barbara <barbarab65@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 15:19:10 -0700 (PDT)

The last book that I submitted, BSO Beloved: A Novel. I didn't read the entire
novel. Instead, I used the Spell Check on Kurzweil and read and rescanned a few
pages, here and there. The Spell Checker, I think, is more accurate than the
Ranked Spelling because I think that I picked up every error. Maybe, people who
have Kurzweil should use the Spell Check feature rather than the Rank Spelling
feature. This process would take people much longer but, in the end, I think
that they would obtain better scans. Could the person who validates, Beloved,
tell me how accurate the text is? I spent hours spell checking it.

  Barbara

  Thanks!

siss52 <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Cindy,

Since you are very thooughtfully speaking in general, it does seem that
submitters could take random samples of their scans--i.e., read a couple of
pages here and there to see if this problem exists. After all, they make
more than we do. And if submitters find that this problem exists
with a lot of their scans, maybe they coould get the problem cleared up
before submitting anything else. Just my thoughts.

Sue S.