[bksvol-discuss] Re: releasing books

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 07:18:43 -0400

Hi Judy,

You make a valid point here. I have had two books come to me recently. One was a raw scan by a relatively new scanner. He didn't know how to fix the problems. I fixed them. Moreover, I read the book from cover to cover and when I was done, the book was accepted. I picked up another book which is also a raw scan which needs a title page, change fonts and so on and on. Unfortunately, I don't feel the same attachment to this book. It's a common bodice ripper with a gloss of historical flavoring. I'm probably going to reject it because its scanner is a long-time scanner and should know better than to submit a book in this condition. If I fix it, she will, as you so rightly say, continue her errant ways.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring