[bksvol-discuss] Re: releasing "To Have and to Hold" by Jane Green

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 14:58:18 -0700 (PDT)

Dan,

I've had that happen before. I think you have to unzip
it to hve it readable. Do you have an unzip program,
like Winzip or Stuffit Expander? Also, when I first
had that problem when I first started, I was told not
to try to change anything when you start to download.
I forget what the options are, but I was selecting
one. I was told just to ignore those options and
download, then the unzip, and then an rtf copy comes
out. Then you can change it to Word to work on or keep
it in rtf. It automatically, at least on my machine,
changes to Word whenit opens and goes back to rtf when
it closes, but it retains everything you've put in,
unlike the txt files.

HTH

Cindy