[bksvol-discuss] Re: released book

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 09:55:55 -0500

Yes,  such books should be rejected not released.  Releasing just puts the
book back to the pool.

Guido

Guido D. Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
IBM Research,
Phone:  (512) 838-9735
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Visit my weekly Accessibility WebLog at:
http://www-3.ibm.com/able/weblog/corona_weblog.html

The Pardees <fpardee@xxxxxxxxxx>
06/19/2004 01:48 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: released book

I would reject the book. Probably the book was not pressed hard enough
against the scanner glass. This problem gets worse near the center of the
book.

Jim

At 09:40 AM 6/19/04 -0400, you wrote:

>I am giving up editing  the book  titled "The klone and I." The text
itself
>is quite good enough but for some reason there are much too much missing
>words in mid sentences. I tried filling in with words where they are
>obviously needed, words such simple words as "the, was, he, she, to, it,
>and, they, etcetera. I was putting hundreds of words when I realize it
was
>getting out of hand. The needed words were also getting less simple and
even
>if I could guess a word that would fit snugly inside a sentence, I could
>never be sure that was what the author had used. This problem is severe
only
>around the middle of the book so there is a chance the scanner didn't
>noticed and just submitted the book as excellent. Too bad. I thought the
>book quite interesting. My question is, do I just release or reject the
>book?
>
>And just a matter of curiosity, why would there be so much missing words
in
>a text when the words around elsewhere is good? Anybody has a thought?
>

>---
>Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---