[bksvol-discuss] Re: rejecting poor quality "raw scans"

  • From: "Lori Castner" <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 13:20:28 -0700

Hello, E.

I think you make a very valid point. For new volunteers, it seems to take courage to say that a book needs to be rejected. But when there are too many errors, a person just can't correct them without a print copy of the book. And, even for those who can compare the print with the scanned copy, time is just too valuable to spend hours editing.

And, I will have to remind myself of these things when it comes time for me to reject a book for the first time.

Lori Castner