[bksvol-discuss] Re: reasons for rejecting a book?

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 14:57:26 -0400

Ordinarily the headers on a page alternate between author and title. That is the title of the book might be at the top of even numbered pages and the author's name would be at the top of odd numbered pages. If you find both the title and author at the top of the page that would tend to indicate that the book was scanned two pages at a time in one page mode. If that is the case then you might be able to find where one page ends and another begins and insert page breaks and page numbers, but if you cannot do that then I think this would be grounds for rejection. The general rule is that if it would be less trouble to rescan the book than to continue to proofread it and correct the problems then you should reject it.

On 6/15/2012 2:04 PM, Dornetta wrote:
Gary,
I don't think so because I also have some of them as well on pages near the page numbers but they (headers) are not in sequnetial order (like even pages have _____ and odd pages have ____) It is almost like a random thing. Example is, on page 5 next to the number 5 it says author name and title of book; on page 42 next to the page number it says title of book and on page 33 next to page numbers it says title of book then author's name. I already removed those "headers" but this other thing (jumping text is what I call it) is distracting and annoying me all at once. Think I'll attempt to contact the scanner and sees what happens.
Netta