[bksvol-discuss] reasons for rejecting a book?

  • From: "Dornetta" <dornetta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 23:51:27 -0400

BlankHey Guys,
Can someone tell me what are the legitimate reasons for rejecting a book? I
have the book that  I have been proofreading for some time and I am starting to
see that some of the sentences are not continuous. Here is an example:
"...
streamers through the low, heady atmosphere. These sounds, of life in

its infancy, were there as John Verlaine was woken by the incessant

shrilling of the phone; and such a call at that time in the morning

meant, more often than not, that someone somewhere was dead. [**here is where
one of the sentences is not making sense]

New Orleans Police Department for eleven years, somewhere in

amongst that three and a half years in Vice, the last two years in Homicide;

 single, mentally sound but emotionally unstable; most often tired,

less often smiling."

***The book is not "flowing" so what should I do? This is early in the book and
I am just starting to figure out why it has been taking me a while to finish. I
just thought that this was just a book that didn't peek my interest but I see
now that is not the case.

Please advise. Thanks

Netta

"Just because you do not have sight does not mean you lack vision."-Stevie
Wonder

GIF image