[bksvol-discuss] rearranging things to cut down on navigation and verbiage

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 07:41:49 -0500

I went to renew my books or at least to check on them before I begin other non-bookshare activities for the day.

First I signed in. Now since I no longer start on the volunteer page I use the "links list" to get to the home page. If there were a profile where I could say I want to always start on the volunteer page things would go faster for me. So now I am on the volunteer home page. I use the find command and ask it to find "my" as in "my checked out books". It does but I then have to arrow through the following
My Checked Out Books
Submit a Book
Ready for Checkout
Books In Process
My Checked Out Books
until I finally get to "my checked out books" again which was what I wanted in the first place.
But still more links for things I do not need appear. So let's move
My Scans In Process
and those earlier links
Submit a Book
Ready for Checkout
Books In Process
underneath my list of books I am validating. In case I want those choices I can have them after I find out if my books need renewing. There may be some reason I do not understand for these links being placed where they are. Somebody may want to give me feedback here. Also what is the reason for having the title "my checked out books" apear twice? I do thank engineering for using the table command so I can just hit t and get to table 1 which is the first book I am proof reading. Again though can we move the links for title and author to the end of the list to let those who want to sort that way do so but permit the rest of us easier access. Finally what is the point of having the word "action" there? For that matter, can we move Once you have finished proofreading a book, you are ready to submit it for approval
by a Bookshare administrator.
Number of records per page:
100
Update

If this note is missing something please take it as courteous feedback.
I value bookshare. I do my best to use my time well and contribute what is possible for me to do. E.