[bksvol-discuss] Re: reading technical material in braille

  • From: james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 07:25:26 -0400

Hi Cindy,
O'reilly books are in the "Special Collections" section, but when they come
up after you click that link, there seems to be no way to sort them in
different ways. I'll have a look at the new books page.

Thanks.

Jim

James D Homme, Usability Engineering, Highmark Inc.,
james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810

"The difference between those who get what they wish for and those who
don't is action. Therefore, every action you take is a complete
success,regardless of the results." -- Jerrold Mundis
Highmark internal only: For usability and accessibility:
http://highwire.highmark.com/sites/iwov/hwt093/

             "Cindy"
             <popularplace@yah
             oo.com>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             bksvol-discuss-bo                                          cc
             unce@xxxxxxxxxxxx
             g                                                     Subject
                                       [bksvol-discuss] Re: reading
                                       technical material in braille
             08/25/2008 08:34
             PM

             Please respond to
             bksvol-discuss@fr
                eelists.org

Colleen,

I found your post fascinating! I look or try to read technical stuff--even
the titles of the O'Reilly books--and my brain shuts down. Unfortuately,
the same is true of scientific information unless it is described really,
really simply. I may get the just-added economics book from my library in
hopes that I can understand economics though I think I may have read that
book or one like it years ago.

I'm surprised as many of you are interested in the O'Reilly books as are. I
knew some were and other not, so I separated the books-added lists I sent
out--I did send both to everyone but I put the O'Reilly books on a separate
list so that those who weren't interested wouldn't have to wade through
that list to get to the others that were added the other day.

Jim, I have that list if you want me to send it to you, but you're probably
already searched the collection by publisher--or don't books show up in a
bunch that way? They all have different authors and titles.