[bksvol-discuss] Re: reading a book rated fair

  • From: "Paula and James Muysenberg" <outofsightlife@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 15:55:00 -0600

Hi, Jill,

    If you prefer reading the book in braille, you can mark the errors you
find, and use that as a guide to edit the Daisy file, per Guido's suggestions.
Use a mark, such as double asterisks, or the at sign--something that is
unlikely to already be in the Brf file. You can then use the find feature in
something like Word, to locate the passages that need fixing.

    One problem with Fair books is that they are sometimes so messed up that
you can't tell what's supposed to be there. You might save a lot of time by
simply rescanning the book, if you can find a copy.

Best wishes,
Paula Muysenberg