[bksvol-discuss] Re: reading 1776

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <geraldhovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 20:36:58 -0500

Jill,

your assumption that the books in the newsletter were scanned in-house and
not validated is incorrect.  I know because I scanned another one of the
books in that list.  Just for the record, I was thrilled that one of my
books made it in the newsletter.  Those books went through the same process
that all books go through.  If anyone rushed it through this list without
doing a proper job, then it was a volunteer and not the Bookshare staff.
Also, if there's a problem with the book, then you should call it to
Gustavo's attention because Bookshare does care about releasing quality
books.  The only time I know of that they rushed a book onto the site was
when the last Harry Potter book came out, and they not only went back and
cleaned it up and rereleased it just as soon as the cleanup was finished,
but let everyone know that the first copy had been rushed through and a
cleaner version would soonn follow.

Gerald