[bksvol-discuss] readers human and computer was Re: braille

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 09:58:17 -0500

hehehe  I fortunately now have a husband who accepts pronunciation fixes,
but the problem of getting things read non-selectively is not completely
illiminated, and reading tiredness is the big problem.  Mostly I stick to my
computer for reading projects.

Now I just get irritation  when something he reads to me, usually a messed
up spot in a scan, doesn't make sense to me, so it needs to be read again to
make sure the book "really says that!" <g>  It's really annoying when
something an author puts in the book really looks messed up when it isn't.

for human readers I almost think non-native speakers are better because like
synthesizers their pronunciation may not start out very good, but they
usually will accept your gently given replacement pronunciation. :-)

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
curious entity at earthlink dot net