[bksvol-discuss] Re: read2go and Android

  • From: Denise Thompson <deniset@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 22:58:32 -0700

This is true. I've read bks books with moon reader pro. but it doesn't always work smoothely. It doesn't really work with gestures as it says. You shake the phone to activate the phones TTS and then it reads ok, but I'd like an app designed for daisy books. I think it would work better. You can't control the speed of the speech and it says punctuation and there doesn't appear to be a way to stop that from happening. The app tends to stop reading for a while for no apparent reason. At least have been my experiences.

Denise

At 10:52 PM 7/20/2011, you wrote:
Is the Read2go App. coming to the Android? For the Android you can use the App, Moon Reader Pro to read and listen to the Bookshare books. It is easier to download a book onto the computer and then transfer it to your phone than to download the Bookshare file directly to your phone. The book needs to be saved in either .txt or .rtf in order for the Moon Reader Pro App. to recognize the file. The Moon Reader Pro App. works by gestures and you can customize these them. I haven't tried reading a Bookshare file on my Android phone yet because it is not worth it to me to do this. In the past, when I had listened to a book with the use of the Moon Reader Pro App. my phone ate up too much battery time and I would rather read the book either on my computer or on my Book Port Plus. However, reading a Bookshare file on your Android phone is presently an option. You don't have to wait until the Read2go App. becomes Android compatible.

Barbara