[bksvol-discuss] Re: re Chapter headings

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 19:31:51 -0800 (PST)

Thanks, Lissi. Then I won't go back and change the headings I made caps but I
won't continue to make them caps--just will keep the 16 point and 14 Point
Bold  I think this particular book will not appeal to most readers (as I'll
explain in my review and synopsis. It's for the person who requested it, and
Larry Lumpkin has done an outstanding job of scanning
G. Cindy

>________________________________

Friends,

>In my case using all caps or not isn't an issue.
They neither help nor hinder my reading.

>Cindy, I don't think we have to worry about books
we've done before we were advised to make adjustments for navigation. I add new
practices as I learn them. Until we hear differently I'm leaving my earlier
proofs alone. Since those of us on list are the ones who championed
proofreading
word by word, we know those books are of high quality as they stand. Go
us!

>I've read some books you've proofread like Mao's
Last Dancer.  They were splendidly done!

>I'll mention while we're on the subject that in the
book I'm proofing now, where chapters have numbered sections, I am writing the
word, "Part," before the numbers and bolding them and enlarging them to size
14,
bolding and enlarging the actual chapter names to bold 16. That bolding and
enlarging is according to our instructions.

>I think it's kind of nice that many braille readers
have complied so cooperatively with the bolding and enlarging for daisy
navigation to assist auditory readers, without blustering about how to make
navigation easier for ourselves. We really care about other reader's special
needs.