[bksvol-discuss] Re: rank spelling

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 18:29:51 -0800

Hi Julia,

I figured out why you can't find the properties part of the ranked spelling dialogue, I think. If you are running version 8 or 9 of Kurzweil 1000, the properties part of the ranked spelling dialogue doesn't exist. I can't speak for version 10,because I don't have that version of K1000. but it is present in version 11, and not in version 9. I have a couple of suggestions for you. You can first check the Kurzweil 1000 manual in the online menu and read about the ranked spelling feature for whatever version you are running to see if there is a way to tell the dialogue to ignore capitalized words. The computer I am currently using is running version 11, or I'd just look for you and tell you. I'm avoiding the computer that is running version 9, because I have to do contortions to use it, and am lazy, and don't like pretzeling if I don't have to. If you need me to check it out, of course, I will help in any way that I can. The other suggestion that I have is to use the spell checker, instead of ranked spelling. I know that you can tell the spell checker to ignore capitalized words. Now, I haven't tried this, but you might. Activate the spell checker by pressing alt-k and tab through the options until you can tell it to ignore capitalized words. Once you have done that, use the escape key to exit the spell checker, then run ranked spelling again without either closing your file, or restarting K1000. I don't know if the fact that you told the spell checker to ignore capitalized words will carry over into the ranked spelling dialogue, but it might.

And if I have just rattled on annoyingly for way too long, just tell me not to answer your questions with suppositions unless you ask me for them, and I'll leave you alone and keep my guessing off the volunteer list.

Good luck!

Peace,
Mayrie

At 02:47 PM 12/3/2007, you wrote:
Hmmm, can you be more specific. The only properties I can seem to find are the ones under folder and file, and they just tell me the size of each and other unchangeable info. Thanks, Julia
----- Original Message ----- From: "Siobhan" <littlesailorgirl@xxxxxxxxxxx>